Role: Agile Project Manager
Location: London, U.K.
Qualifications: Formal Education & Certification. Ideally Degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineer or related discipline
Remuneration: £55k – £60k
Target Join Date: ASAP
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organising, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The APM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Scrum teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams. At a team level, playing a consultative role in helping put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team. You will be able to act as a Scrum Master on smaller engagements where scaling beyond one team is impractical.
In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach (typically when working with a client), using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Check out our Acrotrend corporate “What We Do” video!
• Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organise and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
• Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organisational resources to improve capacity for project work;, and mentoring and developing team members
• Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
• Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
• Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 6+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
• Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
Skills and Qualifications:
• BA or BS or equivalent experience; MA or MS is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
• Agile Project Management tools such as Team Services, Jira, VersionOne or equivalent
• Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view