Role: Data Architect
Location: London, U.K.
Qualifications: Formal Education & Certification. Ideally Degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineer or related discipline
Remuneration: £55k – £60k
Target Join Date: ASAP
We are looking for a Data Architect to build, optimise and maintain conceptual and logical database models. For this role, you should know how to analyse business requirements, system requirements and propose/design migration methods for existing data. You will conduct a full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design of your data storage structures.
You will also be responsible for keeping up to date with emerging data sources, be these social, open source or otherwise, that can be used to enrich our solutions and those of our clients. You would then work collaboratively with the development team to bring these data sources into our solutions. Hands-on experience with SQL is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R.) but this is not essential.
Experience working with data modelling tools such as ERWin, PowerDesigner or Visual Studio is also required. Ultimately, you will develop data solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively and securely, depending on its intended purpose. You will be dynamic and flexible in order to evolve with the changing landscape of data storage, keeping your skills in line not only with structured storage models, but unstructured/semi-structured sources such as HDFS and MongoDB.
Check out our Acrotrend corporate “What We Do” video
• Develop structured and unstructured data solutions to store and retrieve information
• Configure information systems to ensure functionality
• Analyse structural requirements for new software and applications
• Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
• Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
• Improve data system performance by cin lining tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements, optimise new and current database systems
• Define security and backup procedures
• Coordinate with Data Scientists, Product Owners, Project Managers and other Architects to identify future needs and requirements
• Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS), specifically in issues regarding data structures.
• Aid in developing and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality as part of a project/product team.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and consume into data models where appropriate.
• Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles
• Understanding of unstructured and semi-structured storage systems is a plus
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Expertise in SQL
• Familiarity with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBL, D3.js and R)
• Proven analytical skills
• Problem-solving attitude
• BSc in Computer Science, IT or another relevant field
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
If you are interested in building friendships and flourishing in a creative, dynamic environment with plenty of collaboration and consulting then get in touch!