Role: UX / UI & Front-End Developer
Location: London, U.K.
Qualifications: Formal Education & Certification. Ideally Degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistics, Computer Science, Software Engineer or related discipline.
Remuneration: £55k – £60k
Target Join Date: ASAP
We are looking for a qualified UX / UI Designer with Front-end development experience to join our IT team. You will be responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of our web applications. You should be able to translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive products.
If you’re interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in your career, then this job is for you. We expect you to take a lead in guiding UX, UI and Front-End development, and be a tech-savvy professional. who is curious about new digital technologies. We want our products to combine usability with visual design along with cutting edge innovations such as Chat Bots in a single, natural experience.
Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive digital environment, ensuring a great user experience for our customers.
Check out our Acrotrend corporate “What We Do” video
• Maintaining and improving the product as it grows, adding new functionality in line with the product vision
• Optimising applications for maximum speed, applying best practice in coding and unit testing with karma.js
• Collaborate with back-end developers to improve usability
• Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers. This includes our product offerings to customers.
• Write functional requirement documents and guides
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Create quality mock-ups and prototypes, to be used as sales aids during initial development phases
• Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
• Ensure high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
• Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
• Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to build
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Understand product specifications and user psychology
• work experience as a Front-end developer
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Hands on experience with markup languages
• Familiarity with browser testing and debugging using test suites such as VSTS
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
• In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
• Understanding of layout aesthetics
• Knowledge of SEO principles
• Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
• Familiarity with DevOps principles and supporting technologies, such as Git, Docker, Yarn & Jenkins is a bonus
• An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
• BSc degree in Computer Science, Design or relevant field, or extensive professional experience in an industry.