Role: BI Developer
Location: London, U.K.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. This includes extracting data from a variety of sources, transforming and inserting into optimised data structures, as well as developing multi-dimensional cubes, reports and dashboards.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we’d like to meet you.
• Improve data system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
• Coordinate with Data Scientists, Product Owners, Project Managers, Architects, Analysts and other Developers to identify future needs and requirements
• Translate business needs to technical specifications
• Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
• Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports providing a business level context
• Maintain and support data analytics platforms
• Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
• Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
• Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
• Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
• Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
• Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
• Develop and update technical documentation
• Proven experience as a BI Developer
• Proven knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling) and data mining
• Understanding of unstructured and semi-structured storage systems
• In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
• Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, OBIEE, Qlik, Tableau)
• Knowledge of SQL queries, Reporting solutions (SSRS, Crystal Reports etc.) and Integration solutions (SSIS, Pentaho, Informatica, Talend etc.)
• Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
• Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.