Role: Data Analyst
Location: London, U.K.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious Data Analyst, who will help us and our clients turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. This includes aiding in developing standardised and bespoke solutions for clients where their skills are relevant.
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
You will also aid Data Architect’s in building, optimising and maintaining conceptual and logical database models; as well as aid Data Scientists in their ongoing statistical analysis and modelling efforts.
Hands-on experience with SQL is also required. Ideally, you are familiar with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques using relevant tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R.) but this is not essential. Experience working with data modelling tools such as ERWin, PowerDesigner or Visual Studio is no essential but would be helpful.
• Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports providing a business level context
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
• Improve data system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
• Coordinate with Data Scientists, Product Owners, Project Managers, Architects and other Analysts to identify future needs and requirements
• Provide operational support for Management Information Systems (MIS), specifically in issues regarding data structures.
• Aid in developing and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality as part of a project/product team
• Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• Proven work experience as a Data Analyst, BI Analyst or similar role
• In-depth understanding of database structure principles
• Understanding of unstructured and semi-structured storage systems is a plus
• Theoretical knowledge regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
• Expertise in SQL
• Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, D3.js and R)
• Proven analytical skills
• Problem-solving attitude
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy