Role: DevOps Engineer
Location: London, U.K.
Qualifications: Degree in Computer Science, Business, Statistics or related discipline
Remuneration: Dependent on Experience
Acrotrend is a Boutique business intelligence consulting company with a niche focus on customer intelligence and analytics and has over 9 years of industry experience with operations in UK and US. We are addressing a key need in the exciting and rapidly growing Customer Intelligence and Analytics marketplace. Our specialist teams have extensive experience and expertise to work on end-to-end customised configured or packaged applications. The projects we have undertaken range from Advisory Services, Solution Implementation, Enhancements, Sustenance and Managed Services in Customer Insight & Analytics (CIA), Business Intelligence (BI) and data warehousing (DW). We have a track record of delivering success.
Check out our Acrotrend corporate “What We Do” video
The DevOps Engineer position is a pivotal role within the technical data practice at Acrotrend. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of the build, release, deployment, and configuration activities for the solutions.
Other responsibilities include working with internal & external stakeholders to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
The role provides ample growth opportunities within Acrotrend including assignments to work at client location in the UK.
• Help automate and streamline our operations and processes
• Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
• Design, develop, and implement reusable components.
• Code and document custom test automation frameworks
• Build automated deployments using configuration management technology
• Evaluate existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications
Experience & Skills Requirements:
• Demonstrates knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software technologies for the cloud
• Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications/ systems using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments
• Experience with automation tools
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS or Azure is required)
• Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus)
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Knowledge of data integration platforms and mechanisms (Pentaho, RabbitMQ etc.)
• Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written) and a good presenter
• Personable professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.
• Analytical thinker with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex technology processes
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints
• Mentoring & Leadership Skills.
• Flexible and committed to meet project deadlines