Role: Senior Data Engineer
Travel: Wherever the client is!
Experience: 5-7 Years
Remuneration: Commensurate with your experience
Acrotrend is a customer analytics consulting firm that specialises in supporting businesses to maximise the potential of the digital world. We take you from data to insight to action. We combine curiosity, questions and our love of data with:
• Best of breed customer analytics technology
• Machine learning and data science
• Packaged solution accelerators
In 2021 Acrotrend was awarded ‘Silver’ rating in the Financial Times UK’s Leading Management Consultancies List. In 2022, Acrotrend bagged ‘Silver’ ratings in three categories – ‘Data Analytics & Big Data,’ ‘Internet, Media & Entertainment’ and ‘Sales & CRM’’, and a ‘Bronze’ rating in ‘Healthcare & Life Sciences’ to be positioned above some of the industry’s leading names.
Check out our website to understand what we do and how we work. We are seeking a smart, diligent, methodical consultant who will be an expert in delivering our consulting service offerings to clients.
What you’ll do…
• Be a key member of our Technology team helping our clients in designing and developing their customer data analytics solutions.
• Actively contribute to internal capability development including bringing fearless & innovative ideas to the table.
• Become an evangelist for the DataOps principles applied across teams (client or internal).
• Analyse business/functional requirements, review the cloud-based solution architecture for data engineering based engagements.
• Design, build and test the cloud-based integration solution in collaboration with global team members.
• Deploy the solution on a high-availability shared service cloud-based production environment.
• Perform code reviews and ensure that the solution is aligned to pre-defined architectural standards, guidelines, best practices, and meet quality standards.
• Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and implement them.
• Establish and enhance technical guidelines and best practices for the wider technical team.
• Actively mentor junior data engineering team members.
You’ll do it using…
• Expertise in data integration methodologies with experience in different cloud-based data integration technologies (DBT, Apache Spark, and related technologies).
• Experience in programming languages (Java, Python) pertaining to data engineering.
• Experience in working with cloud-based SQL/NoSQL databases, data warehouses and data lakes like Snowflake and Amazon Redshift.
• Expertise in AWS platform and various data & analytics components.
• A good understanding of Data Governance/Data Management/Data Quality processes.
• Proficiency with data modelling techniques.
• Experience and knowledge of DataOps related principles and technologies including CI/CD, automated testing, monitoring, IaC.
• Relevant Certifications on AWS and Snowflake.
You’ll fit in by…
• Embodying the values of Acrotrend
• Thinking like an owner (Founder’s Mindset)
• Communicating with honesty, candour, and respect
• Being resourceful and creative
• Acting with empathy
You’ll love it because…
• You will have the opportunity to work in a successful, fast-moving mission-driven company
• You will have autonomy and growth opportunities
• You will collaborate with other brilliant minds
• You will always be surrounded by new challenges from clients, consultants and technology